Friday, May 20, 2016

Cradle completed, and then some.

     Over the past week I have been working on the cradle part of my Centering Connecting Rod Assembly. After seven days of going over the different aspects of the cradle to put together a 3D model ready to be used for the overall assembly. Then after getting the cradle done I completed two bushings with oil grooves. After those I completed the plunger piece within a few minutes. Over the next and final week I plan to finish each of the parts by Tuesday and finish the overall project by Friday. I do expect some challenges with part dimensions and small details hard to notice at first glance.


The three images here are of the cradle. The top left shows the variable fillet used to get the result needed for the part. The right top image shows the starting block of the cradle I created after sketching a side view of the part. Finally below is the finished part in an illustrated view to show off each fillet and hole created.


Below is one of the bushing pieces in a wire-frame view to allow you to see the hidden oil grooves within the piece. It took some mirroring and playing around with this piece and it's dimensions to make it work, however, after I found out how to complete the first one the second bushing with different dimensions was fairly simple to complete.

The following picture shows the plunger, a simple piece with very simple dimensions to complete. It's really just a cylinder with a rounded type and a drilling in hole going part way through the entire part.

No comments:

Post a Comment