Friday, May 20, 2016

Cradle completed, and then some.

     Over the past week I have been working on the cradle part of my Centering Connecting Rod Assembly. After seven days of going over the different aspects of the cradle to put together a 3D model ready to be used for the overall assembly. Then after getting the cradle done I completed two bushings with oil grooves. After those I completed the plunger piece within a few minutes. Over the next and final week I plan to finish each of the parts by Tuesday and finish the overall project by Friday. I do expect some challenges with part dimensions and small details hard to notice at first glance.

The three images here are of the cradle. The top left shows the variable fillet used to get the result needed for the part. The right top image shows the starting block of the cradle I created after sketching a side view of the part. Finally below is the finished part in an illustrated view to show off each fillet and hole created.

Below is one of the bushing pieces in a wire-frame view to allow you to see the hidden oil grooves within the piece. It took some mirroring and playing around with this piece and it's dimensions to make it work, however, after I found out how to complete the first one the second bushing with different dimensions was fairly simple to complete.

The following picture shows the plunger, a simple piece with very simple dimensions to complete. It's really just a cylinder with a rounded type and a drilling in hole going part way through the entire part.

Friday, May 13, 2016


I have finally completed the body of the Centering Connecting Rod. As seen in the picture below the finished product looks very nice with the illustrated view given for the occasion. 

The following pics are steps I took to complete my part of this massive assembly. This process was broken into different stages to make the process easier and a little more time efficient for this part. After multiple sketches like the one shown in the second picture, I added holes a fillets to each aspect of the piece as needed based on the blueprints provided. Currently I will be working on the other parts and hope to finish the project before May 27th. 

Yay! I did it!

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Another Post

     The base of the project is giving me greater difficulty than initially thought. the piece itself is very complicated with lines on the blueprint every place possible on the design. Angles, curves, hidden lines, are all present in this three sided view of the project. I know it is possible to solve this problem, however, it will take some time and will power to complete this part as accurately has possible.

     There has been progress on the base as well, even if the pace of progression is slower than what I personally would like. The piece has been hollowed to precise dimensions, and extrusions have been accurately created to replicate a mirroring designed CAD model of the Centering Connecting Rod.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Inventor Problems

     I decided to work on a new project. For now I will be working on a Centering Connecting Rod from a problem book my teacher got a few years ago. Currently the project has a few rough patches here and there causing difficulties along the way. That will not slow me down for long. Once I figure out how to read some of the blueprints correctly the progress will move at a accelerated pace.


   Here are three of the many pieces under progress. the top piece will be the base of the entire piece.
The other two pieces are handle bars on the entire assembly.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

It has been done! I'm now "finished"

     The project has been completed. My Mayan calendar has been glued together and works pretty well. The glue that attaches each of the pieces causes some issues with the ability of turning the dates of the calendar. This glue will need to be shaved down to allow pieces to move freely between each other.

     From this picture above it is very easy to see that the pieces are in fact together and work in the fashion designed to be. After all of the problems encountered before hand this piece of work that I have slaved on has been fun and educational for me the entire time.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Gluemageton (Correct spelling optional)

   Well I tried to glue my calendar together and it ended in failure. Picture of fail will be uploaded later along with a hopefully completed version of the project. Until then I know now what needs to be done to make sure the projected is assembled correctly, and will correctly assembled by tonight.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016


     The project was printed a reviewed Monday, April 4th, 2016. The connector piece between the days and the months printed to the wrong scale. I had to back up to the sketch and redo the connector piece to hopefully correct the error. Now I must wait for the piece to finish, so I can glue the corresponding pieces together and basically complete the major portions of my project.

This is the problem:
It's too big for it's spot.